2 Sick Monkeys
From note one till the last humm of the amps they grab you and force you to pay attention. A sound that’s best described as in your face bad ass punk. After 30 years in the scene it is very rare for a band to come along that grabs me and makes me stand up and take notice, not for lack of great bands, but for the lack of extraordinary bands, and it’s just 2 guys with drums and bass.
I think I got my point and opinion across. Check them out! For the rest of this I’m going to steal directly from their website (FULL CREDIT TO WHO WROTE THIS)
2 Sick Monkeys formed in December 2000, as a live two piece bass and drums, primarily to support Darrin Mooney (Primal Scream) at a drum event in Swindon.
They have now played over 900 gigs, including 10 European tours.
They have built up a strong live following and have supported bands such as Nomeansno, Subhumans, D.O.A., GBH, Discharge, The Varukers, The Dickies, Total Chaos, UK Subs, Inner Terrestrials, Misfits, The Buzzcocks, Goldblade, 999, Citizen Fish, Vice Squad, Sham 69, Targetpoint, Captain Everything, Neville Staples, The Vibrators, Sonic Boom Six, The Fight and Lord Bishop Rocks.
Their influences range from the complex rhythms of Nomeansno to the catchy melodies of Green Day.
September 2002 saw 2 Sick Monkeys release their debut 5-track CD Full Flavour Behaviour, their second CD, the 4-track EP, Nowhere Nothing, followed in August 2003.
The debut album Curse of the Monkeys was released in October 2005.
2006 and 2007 was their busiest gigging period to date with 198 gigs!!
2008 saw them release the Why? EP (in October) and carry on with the relentless gigging.
2009 was their second busiest year gig-wise with another 95 gigs played including 2 European Tours (one with Dead Subverts in July another on their own in October).
In 2010 they released a live album Welcome To Shit Street, recorded at The Green Rooms, Treforest, South Wales, and there are plans to release several more Live recordings from gigs in Lithuania, Paris and Bristol.
They ended the year by celebrating their 10th anniversary and by playing their 600th gig!!
2011 brought more gigs and 2012 saw the release of a split album with Cornwall based Thrashers Rash Decision and they featured on two 7″ vinyl releases with the likes of The Hanson Brothers, Invasives, Antiseen, The Koffin Kats + loads more.
2013 and 2014 brought along another 120+ gigs, including support slots with Nomeansno and The Misfits and in June 2015 a new EP – About Time – was released.
A new EP will be released in August 2016 and the long-awaited second studio album should be making an appearance in early 2017, as well as at least one new EP and, hopefully, split releases with Chewed Up and Holiday.
Each year has seen a more-than-steady amount of gigs and (almost!) everywhere they’ve played they’ve been asked back. <class “body”=””body””>They describe themselves as tight, melodic and in your face……..Basically……
Small Outfit, Big Sound!!
Another thanks to Dead Lamb Records http://www.deadlambrecords.com/
- Doppelganger #1 Review — By William Pace Dennis Zimmann, a timid computer engineer, gets his life all twisted after a car crash leaves him with a concussion and a demon…himself. Believing that he’s hallucinating as a result of his injury, Dennis’ grip on reality starts to unravel when an evil version of himself begins to torture him. What [...]
- Johnny Boy Goes Acoustic — Johnny Boy Acoustic EP By William Pace Thumper Punk Records are encouraging artists to step out of their comfort zone and go acoustic. By doing their own original acoustic EP. Johnny Boy steps out from playing bass and into his solo acoustic shoes…and they fit great! He’s no stranger to the mic either; as the [...]
- Living Fire New LP Available Now — Living Fire Announces Their New Album “Every Saint Has a Past, Every Sinner Has a Future” By William Pace This is the latest full-length release from Brazil’s Street Punk band. It features six songs in English and six in their native tongue. Living Fire delivers energetic street punk and Oi! driven by conviction, strength, and [...]
- Bring A Thunderous Sound! — By William Pace A Sound of Thunder will rock you to your core with Second Lives, a five-song concept EP based on Valiant Comics Dr. Mirage available exclusively through Kickstarter as a companion to their brand new LP It Was Metal. The EP cover art is being done by Dr. Mirage series artist Roberto de [...]
- REVIEW: Anti-Flag – American Fall — Anti-Flag – American Fall By Spriha “I came. I saw. I believed.” is not only a title of a song released off the new Anti-Flag album American Fall but it’s the description of how you feel after seeing this band live. When the world feels like its going to shit, Anti-Flag always comes and [...]