All I Want Is More Beer! NOFX and Pennywise Brewing it up.
By Craig LeSieg
NOFX and Pennywise striking up deals for one of a kind beer. NOFX and Stone Brewing announce an official Punk in Drublic, and why the hell not, I’d buy it. Meanwhile in Pennywise land, Lost Coast Brewery is pumping out Pennywiser beer. They are both out now so grab them while you can.
“I think it’s cool because a couple of breweries have tried to work with us before, but it’s always been janky,” says NOFX frontman and bassist “Fat Mike” Burkett. “But when Stone wanted to work with us, they were taking it seriously. I was like ‘This is the kind of beer I want to do’ and they listened to me. It’s a hoppy lager, and they don’t do lagers here very often. They had to bring in a certain malt that they don’t usually use, but it’s a really drinkable beer.”
“After 10 years of us talking about doing a beer, it’s finally happening thanks to our good friends at Lost Coast Brewery,” says Pennywise guitarist Fletcher Dragge. “We’ve been trying to get this idea off the ground for awhile now, and to find a like-minded company with a DIY attitude of doing things their own way and not conforming to the usual corporate ways of the beer making world.”
As a big fan of both bands and beer this should be fun.
Thanks to OCWeekly for the original stories, you can read the full articles in the links below.
- Untypical Girls — By Craig LeSieg “The forgotten women of the 1980s indie boom – in pictures” The Guardian From this sneak peak it looks amazing! A look at the women who changed the 80’s male dominated scene and lit the trail for the countless other strong women of indy activism and music. Nostalgia for some and a history lesson [...]
- Doppelganger #1 Review — By William Pace Dennis Zimmann, a timid computer engineer, gets his life all twisted after a car crash leaves him with a concussion and a demon…himself. Believing that he’s hallucinating as a result of his injury, Dennis’ grip on reality starts to unravel when an evil version of himself begins to torture him. What [...]
- Johnny Boy Goes Acoustic — Johnny Boy Acoustic EP By William Pace Thumper Punk Records are encouraging artists to step out of their comfort zone and go acoustic. By doing their own original acoustic EP. Johnny Boy steps out from playing bass and into his solo acoustic shoes…and they fit great! He’s no stranger to the mic either; as the [...]
- Living Fire New LP Available Now — Living Fire Announces Their New Album “Every Saint Has a Past, Every Sinner Has a Future” By William Pace This is the latest full-length release from Brazil’s Street Punk band. It features six songs in English and six in their native tongue. Living Fire delivers energetic street punk and Oi! driven by conviction, strength, and [...]
- Bring A Thunderous Sound! — By William Pace A Sound of Thunder will rock you to your core with Second Lives, a five-song concept EP based on Valiant Comics Dr. Mirage available exclusively through Kickstarter as a companion to their brand new LP It Was Metal. The EP cover art is being done by Dr. Mirage series artist Roberto de [...]