All I Want Is More Beer! NOFX and Pennywise Brewing it up.
By Craig LeSieg
NOFX and Pennywise striking up deals for one of a kind beer. NOFX and Stone Brewing announce an official Punk in Drublic, and why the hell not, I’d buy it. Meanwhile in Pennywise land, Lost Coast Brewery is pumping out Pennywiser beer. They are both out now so grab them while you can.
“I think it’s cool because a couple of breweries have tried to work with us before, but it’s always been janky,” says NOFX frontman and bassist “Fat Mike” Burkett. “But when Stone wanted to work with us, they were taking it seriously. I was like ‘This is the kind of beer I want to do’ and they listened to me. It’s a hoppy lager, and they don’t do lagers here very often. They had to bring in a certain malt that they don’t usually use, but it’s a really drinkable beer.”
“After 10 years of us talking about doing a beer, it’s finally happening thanks to our good friends at Lost Coast Brewery,” says Pennywise guitarist Fletcher Dragge. “We’ve been trying to get this idea off the ground for awhile now, and to find a like-minded company with a DIY attitude of doing things their own way and not conforming to the usual corporate ways of the beer making world.”
As a big fan of both bands and beer this should be fun.
Thanks to OCWeekly for the original stories, you can read the full articles in the links below.
- Set the Charge, an interview with front man Anthony Vincent Valbiro — By William Pace I recently got to talk with Anthony Vincent Valbiro, the man behind Ten Second Songs and lead singer of New York-based rock band “Set The Charge.” I hope our conversation will give you an inside view of Anthony and his love of music. Me: When and why did you start playing? [...]
- Sky Goes On, The Follow-Up LP from SET THE CHARGE — By William Pace The New York-based band released their first EP back in 2015 entitled Auditory Insemination. Set The Charge is a four piece band with Anthony (guitar/vocals), Tom (guitars), Frank (drums), and Derek (bass). You might have seen them on AXS TV’s Breaking Band where they worked with Robin Zander of Cheap Trick. Their first [...]
- Transplants are back! — By Craig LeSieg The “most original” Transplants have announced a Friday the 13th release for their new album Take Cover. I’m anxious as hell to hear it and try to grab a numbered copy! So to all you Transplant fans out there get ready, it’s coming! From their Facebook page “Vinyl will be hand numbered & [...]
- Laura Jane Grace gives The Mountain Goats some love! — By Craig LeSieg Against Me!‘s Laura Jane Grace has contributed to an upcoming Mountain Goats tribute album “I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats: All Hail West Texas”. She’s covering the song “The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton”. The song is a solo acoustic, and in it’s own unique way hilarious. You can check it out [...]
- The Adicts at it again! — By Craig LeSieg The Adicts are at it again with their first LP since 2012, and 11th studio album “And It Was So!” out November 17th! Wish I could say I got a review copy, but I’m in the dark and just crossing my fingers, hoping it’s classic Adicts. I’ve got the vinyl pre-ordered and will [...]