24 Hour Punks write, record, and release EP in 24 hours for charity
As luck would have it, I ran into this and was amazed!
By Craig LeSieg
Six musicians, six bands, one common cause. That is 24 Hour Punks. These UK punks got together one morning and wrote, recorded, and released the EP “Why We Fight” in one day, all for charity. The bands sound is melodic with an old school early 90’s feel, and under the circumstances (or any other circumstances for that matter) has come off brilliantly.
Millie Manders (of Millie Manders and the Shutup):
“(we) set up in a rehearsal room in Bromley and started to write an EP. By 9am we had three songs. We got in our cars and headed to Hidden Track Studios to record, mix and master the three songs…”
The charity it’s all for is AAMF, a UK-based charity which raises funds for research and treatment of cholangiocarcinoma, a rare form of cancer that occurs in the bile ducts. Around 2,000 people a year are diagnosed. There is only one small UK charity, AMMF, that raises money for this form of cancer.
The group has also put together a live show September 9th in London. “24 Hour Punks” (featuring musicians from Popes of Chillitown, The Bar Stool Preachers, Tree House Fire, Call Me Malcolm) will perform a set WRITTEN and REHEARSED in 24 Hours.
The EP is for sale at name your own price, please give this a look and don’t be shy about donating big!
- Set the Charge, an interview with front man Anthony Vincent Valbiro — By William Pace I recently got to talk with Anthony Vincent Valbiro, the man behind Ten Second Songs and lead singer of New York-based rock band “Set The Charge.” I hope our conversation will give you an inside view of Anthony and his love of music. Me: When and why did you start playing? [...]
- Sky Goes On, The Follow-Up LP from SET THE CHARGE — By William Pace The New York-based band released their first EP back in 2015 entitled Auditory Insemination. Set The Charge is a four piece band with Anthony (guitar/vocals), Tom (guitars), Frank (drums), and Derek (bass). You might have seen them on AXS TV’s Breaking Band where they worked with Robin Zander of Cheap Trick. Their first [...]
- Transplants are back! — By Craig LeSieg The “most original” Transplants have announced a Friday the 13th release for their new album Take Cover. I’m anxious as hell to hear it and try to grab a numbered copy! So to all you Transplant fans out there get ready, it’s coming! From their Facebook page “Vinyl will be hand numbered & [...]
- All I Want Is More Beer! NOFX and Pennywise Brewing it up. — By Craig LeSieg NOFX and Pennywise striking up deals for one of a kind beer. NOFX and Stone Brewing announce an official Punk in Drublic, and why the hell not, I’d buy it. Meanwhile in Pennywise land, Lost Coast Brewery is pumping out Pennywiser beer. They are both out now so grab them while you [...]
- Laura Jane Grace gives The Mountain Goats some love! — By Craig LeSieg Against Me!‘s Laura Jane Grace has contributed to an upcoming Mountain Goats tribute album “I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats: All Hail West Texas”. She’s covering the song “The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton”. The song is a solo acoustic, and in it’s own unique way hilarious. You can check it out [...]