24 Hour Punks write, record, and release EP in 24 hours for charity
As luck would have it, I ran into this and was amazed!
By Craig LeSieg
Six musicians, six bands, one common cause. That is 24 Hour Punks. These UK punks got together one morning and wrote, recorded, and released the EP “Why We Fight” in one day, all for charity. The bands sound is melodic with an old school early 90’s feel, and under the circumstances (or any other circumstances for that matter) has come off brilliantly.
Millie Manders (of Millie Manders and the Shutup):
“(we) set up in a rehearsal room in Bromley and started to write an EP. By 9am we had three songs. We got in our cars and headed to Hidden Track Studios to record, mix and master the three songs…”
The charity it’s all for is AAMF, a UK-based charity which raises funds for research and treatment of cholangiocarcinoma, a rare form of cancer that occurs in the bile ducts. Around 2,000 people a year are diagnosed. There is only one small UK charity, AMMF, that raises money for this form of cancer.
The group has also put together a live show September 9th in London. “24 Hour Punks” (featuring musicians from Popes of Chillitown, The Bar Stool Preachers, Tree House Fire, Call Me Malcolm) will perform a set WRITTEN and REHEARSED in 24 Hours.
The EP is for sale at name your own price, please give this a look and don’t be shy about donating big!
- Untypical Girls — By Craig LeSieg “The forgotten women of the 1980s indie boom – in pictures” The Guardian From this sneak peak it looks amazing! A look at the women who changed the 80’s male dominated scene and lit the trail for the countless other strong women of indy activism and music. Nostalgia for some and a history lesson [...]
- Doppelganger #1 Review — By William Pace Dennis Zimmann, a timid computer engineer, gets his life all twisted after a car crash leaves him with a concussion and a demon…himself. Believing that he’s hallucinating as a result of his injury, Dennis’ grip on reality starts to unravel when an evil version of himself begins to torture him. What [...]
- Johnny Boy Goes Acoustic — Johnny Boy Acoustic EP By William Pace Thumper Punk Records are encouraging artists to step out of their comfort zone and go acoustic. By doing their own original acoustic EP. Johnny Boy steps out from playing bass and into his solo acoustic shoes…and they fit great! He’s no stranger to the mic either; as the [...]
- Living Fire New LP Available Now — Living Fire Announces Their New Album “Every Saint Has a Past, Every Sinner Has a Future” By William Pace This is the latest full-length release from Brazil’s Street Punk band. It features six songs in English and six in their native tongue. Living Fire delivers energetic street punk and Oi! driven by conviction, strength, and [...]
- Bring A Thunderous Sound! — By William Pace A Sound of Thunder will rock you to your core with Second Lives, a five-song concept EP based on Valiant Comics Dr. Mirage available exclusively through Kickstarter as a companion to their brand new LP It Was Metal. The EP cover art is being done by Dr. Mirage series artist Roberto de [...]