Pop Punk Band Figure It Out Stream New EP Early
Arizona-based quartet Figure It Out have emerged with a new EP that marries the fast-paced, anthemic sounds of turn-of-the-century punk with modern pop sensibilities. Although the record won’t officially be available until 9/1, the band has partnered with Kerrang! to premiere the advance stream. The new record is the band’s first release since the sophomore EP Nothing To Lose, which featured Bless The Fall‘s Beau Bokin on the title track. The song caught the attention of MTV Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey who directed his nearly 5 million Instagram followers to “Listen and love it,” words that his followers heeded.
Vocalist/guitarist Mike Weakley says “The first EP we wrote was a play on the nostalgia of what we loved about pop punk music. We had grown to understand what was current in the scene when writing the second EP. We felt like we had to aim the 3rd towards some simplicity for the listener. I love that it is very relatable and can connect a little bit more with the audience than before.“
Silence Isn’t Golden picks up where the last EP leaves off, energectic, high-tempo tracks, while incorporating bigger and more powerful moments. It’s meaningful, but still fun. The band recruited an all star line-up to help bring their ideas to life, working with producer Matt Good (From First To Last, D.R.U.G.S) and engineer Ryan Daminson (The Word Alive, Asking Alexandria).
Pre-order now on Bandcamp.
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- Doppelganger #1 Review — By William Pace Dennis Zimmann, a timid computer engineer, gets his life all twisted after a car crash leaves him with a concussion and a demon…himself. Believing that he’s hallucinating as a result of his injury, Dennis’ grip on reality starts to unravel when an evil version of himself begins to torture him. What [...]
- Johnny Boy Goes Acoustic — Johnny Boy Acoustic EP By William Pace Thumper Punk Records are encouraging artists to step out of their comfort zone and go acoustic. By doing their own original acoustic EP. Johnny Boy steps out from playing bass and into his solo acoustic shoes…and they fit great! He’s no stranger to the mic either; as the [...]
- Living Fire New LP Available Now — Living Fire Announces Their New Album “Every Saint Has a Past, Every Sinner Has a Future” By William Pace This is the latest full-length release from Brazil’s Street Punk band. It features six songs in English and six in their native tongue. Living Fire delivers energetic street punk and Oi! driven by conviction, strength, and [...]
- Bring A Thunderous Sound! — By William Pace A Sound of Thunder will rock you to your core with Second Lives, a five-song concept EP based on Valiant Comics Dr. Mirage available exclusively through Kickstarter as a companion to their brand new LP It Was Metal. The EP cover art is being done by Dr. Mirage series artist Roberto de [...]
- REVIEW: Anti-Flag – American Fall — Anti-Flag – American Fall By Spriha “I came. I saw. I believed.” is not only a title of a song released off the new Anti-Flag album American Fall but it’s the description of how you feel after seeing this band live. When the world feels like its going to shit, Anti-Flag always comes and [...]